Smoothies. The quintessential drink. You can let your imagination run free and create whatever your heart desires with these delicious beverages. Of course, if they heal or harm you is totally up to the ingredients you put in.
With these 11 incredible smooth recipes, you’ll be sipping your way to clear, beautiful skin. These recipes are packed with everything you need for glowing skin and are backed by science. A recent study published in Evolution and Human Behavior showed that people who took in 15 grams of beta-carotene supplements ended up with a golden tone to their skin – rated by other study participants as attractive.
Getting your daily dose of carotenes is dependent on you eating healthy amounts of kale, spinach and carrots. These smoothies give you all that along with a delicious taste.
So no need to feel guilty with these tasty treats – drink up and feel the good!
Potent Pumpkin Smoothie
This powerful pumpkin smoothie packs huge amounts of beta carotene and alpha carotene, along with an amazing pumpkin taste.
- ½ c canned pure pumpkin, frozen in ice cube tray
- 7 oz or 2% Greek-style yogurt
- ½ c water
- ¼ avocado
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice pie
Perfect Skin Smoothie
This smoothie utilizes a protein powder made from hemp seeds, which is a great source of omega—3 and omega-6 acids.
- 1 scoop of hemp protein
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 1/2 bunch dandelion greens (no stems)
- 11 ounces coconut water
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
Watermelon Fennel Cress Smoothie
This refreshing smoothie is perfect for summer. Watermelon is a great source of vitamins A, B, and C and its hydrating nature will give you a beautiful, dewy complexion. Watercress has a ton of antioxidants and manganese, carotene and potassium, making it a potent detoxifier and cleansing agent.
- 2 cups chopped seeded watermelon
- 1 handful watercress
- 1 tablespoon fennel fronds
- Raw honey to taste
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
Mango Mania Smoothie
Mango is jam-packed with beta-carotene and is a delicious treat. It has around 2 mg of beta-carotene in each cup of the raw fruit.
- ¼ c mango cubes
- ¼ c mashed ripe avocado
- ½ c mango juice
- ¼ c fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 6 ice cubes
Lemon Mango Ginger Smoothie
Lemon juice is a great detoxifier and an excellent source of vitamin C. Ginger is an incredible ingredient that is a broad-spectrum antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant and anti-parasitic. Additionally it is an anti-inflammatory which can make any skin blemishes less noticeable.
- 8 ounces diluted apple juice
- 2-3 handfuls organic spinach
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2” piece peeled ginger
- A few mint leaves (optional)
- Local raw honey or stevia to taste
Banana Almond Flax Smoothie
This smoothie is full of skin clearing plant-based proteins, potassium, calcium, fiber and omega-3s. The essential fatty acids are also great anti-inflammatories.
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup organic apple juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
Super Berry Detox Smoothie
The powerful antioxidants contained in these berries help cleanse your liver, which processes toxins that could be making your skin appear muddled. Also, it’s a great way to add in some bitter tasting greens and disguise their flavor.
- 1 tablespoon fish oil
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen banana
- 1/4 cup chopped kale leaves
- 1 cup filtered water
Green Tea Chiller
Green tea and yogurt are both known to have incredible properties for health and wellness. You’ll find them combined in this ultra smoothie.
- 1 cup Stonyfield organic fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup prepared green tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint, chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups ice cubes
Red Grape Nectarine Brazil Nut Smoothie
- 1 cup red grapes, seedless or with seeds removed
- 1 nectarine
- Large handful baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw coconut water
- Pinch of turmeric
Super Green Smoothie
Leafy greens are a great source of carotenoids, as one cup of kale contains nearly 10 times the amount you need a day. The mint adds a refreshing note and really sets off the smoothie from the pack.
- 1¼ c chopped kale leaves (stems and tough rib removed)
- 1¼ c frozen cubed mango
- 2 med ribs celery, chopped
- 1 c chilled fresh orange juice
- ¼ c chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ c chopped fresh min
Sour Apple Smoothie
This smoothie uses flaxseed oil and organic Greek yogurt for a creamy taste that has large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for your skin, hair and nails. Yogurt is packed with probiotics that help everything from digestion to vitamin absorbtion.
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Oikos Organic Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield organic fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my collection of some of my favorite smoothies for healthy skin and amazing energy. Head on back to our homepage at Total Youth and Beauty for more articles like this one.